When it comes to hair removal I like it to be quick, affordable and easy. That it's painfree is also high on my wishlist, as utopian that it may sound. I like to use a mix of tweezing, shaving and waxing and I am continuously working on finding the best and least painful options on the market for hair removal. Thanks to Veet's extensive range of products, there is an option out there for all of us.
A ladystache is never too charming, but they are incredibly easy to keep a secret. I will always remember this great scene in I Love Raymond where Ray comes home to find his wife's face slathered in hair removal cream. It's hilarious because it had been one of the secrets she had been keeping from him, but after three kids and a long marriage, the mystery had somehow faded ever so slightly.High Precision Facial Wax from Veet, which thanks to its almond oil is suitable for sensitive skin. You can use it on eye brows, the upper lip and the chin and it is very simple to use. In the pack which retails for $13.99 (but is on special at Priceline for $11.19 at the moment), you get a tube of wax, 20 paper strips and a precicion stick for trickier areas. It's good value considering the price of a lip wax is usually $15-$20.
2) Cleanse your face and make sure that it's free of any oils and irritants. I like to use the Akin Creamy Cleanser + Toner because it is so soothing and gentle and I know it won't irritate my skin before waxing.
3) Apply a thin layer of the wax to the area of business. It's better to have a thin layer and wax the area twice, rather than having a thick layer that won't be effective.
4) Apply a paper strip and smooth it down a couple of times.
5) Hold the skin firmly and remove the strip in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
6) After a successful waxing session (which takes less than five minutes including the warm-up time), I apply a mix of Pure Fiji's Dilo Oil and Sukin's Rosehip Oil which assists the healing and soothing process.
7) Take a fifteen minute nap if time permits. If not, have some me-time with a magazine or just hide whilst the redness goes down. The oils make the redness less visible immediately but there is also something to be said for a good Mineral Powder that can minimise the appearance of redness whilst also being good skin food.
Remember to not wax before an important date or a meeting, it's better to do it on a week-night when your dinner is baking in the oven and your onesie is waiting for you. Never wax in a rush.
Do you have any waxing tips or woes?
P.S. Your secret is safe with me.
This product was kindly gifted to me for consideration. It has not affected my opinion. Please see my disclosure policy here.